Friday, September 28, 2012

Vegas Baby



It is time again for Playlist Thursday, although I’m a little late getting this posted...Brian’s topic from Pavement Runner this week is “Viewer’s Choice”, so as he said on his post “each Playlist Thursday around the web will have it’s own different theme”.

I spent part of the week in Las Vegas, so while I had some other topics I was thinking of, I’ve decided to go with Vegas Baby!

Rules:

Something Old: Songs that are at least 5 years old. (Mine will most always be older than that!)

Something Current: Songs that have been released within the past year. (Harder for me)

Something to Consider: This is the wild card category - any song: old, current, guilty pleasure, underground, whatever.

Something Old

Artist: The Killers

Title: Somebody Told Me (2004)

Side Note: The Killers are from Las Vegas and urban legend says they wrote most of their first album, including this song in the band room at UNLV. I really like this song to run to, it has kind of an urgent feel to it that makes your feet move. 

Something Current


Artist: Calvin Harris (featuring Ne-Yo)

Title: Let’s Go (2012)

Side Note: Yes, I know Calvin Harris is Scottish but Ne-Yo spent a good deal of his school years in Vegas. The words and the beat make this a perfect running tune. 

Something to Consider


Artist: Elvis Presley

Title: Little Less Conversation (1968 & 2002 JXL Radio Edit Mix)

Side Note: What Las Vegas playlist would be complete without Elvis. I run to the JXL Radio Edit Mix, groovy horns and drums.
Feel free to check out my other posts for more playlists.

Make sure you take a look at the other Playlist Thursday entries by visiting Playlist Runner's playlist catalog each week.

2 comments: