Monday, September 17, 2012

10 Running Questions a'la RLAM

My post today is answering 10 running questions.  The idea came from one of my favourite running blogs, Another Mother Runner.   The website and their book, Run Like a Mother, besides having totally awesome names, is a great read for women and mothers who run.

1. Best run ever - That is pretty easy, my first half marathon.  It is still the best I've ever felt running; strong, easy, joyous.  It is the only race I ran as a group and I fed off the energy of my running mates.

2. Three words that describe my running are necessary, empowering and centering.

3. My go-to running outfit is my MEC Sixes running shorts, which ever race shirt is on the top of the pile, Teko eVapour8 Socks, Mizuno Wave Precision 9 runners and most importantly my Under Armour jog bra.  Winter outfits are another story...

4. Quirky habit while running - I'm not sure I have any but it makes me wonder if I should ask my running partner. I'm pretty anal about tracking my mileage but I think that is a runner thing.

5. Morning, midday, evening - early morning or at lunch mostly due to my schedule.  If I had my choice it would be about 8:30am with time for a long stretch after.

6. I won’t run outside when it’s really icy.  I live in a part of Canada that is below freezing a good part of six months a year hence the 'really' qualifier.

7. Worst injury—and how I got over it.  When I was training for my first half marathon I over trained and ended up not being able to start due to a painful case of posterior tibial tendonitis.  How I got over it?  Lots of complete rest, daily stretching, ART, acupuncture and massage.  I still have to keep up the stretching routine and take mileage increases slow but sure.

8. I felt most like a badass mother runner when I ran the Skookumchuck Narrows trail on the Sunshine Coast, BC.  It is a 4 km trail to amazing tidal rapids.  I did the out and back twice for a total of 16 km.  It was the first trail I ever ran and the feeling of accomplishment was...well...badass.

9. Next race is Banff Winterstart 5 Miler.  It is an evening run, almost always cold, one long trudge up and down and the best post run party ever!  Canoes full of beer in a parkade, classic!

10. Potential running goal for 2013 - honestly, just to stay healthy and keep running consistently.  I am working on logistics to run the Arizona Rock and Roll Half Marathon in January but that might be a long shot! 

No comments:

Post a Comment