1. Best run ever - That is pretty easy, my first half marathon. It is still the best I've ever felt running; strong, easy, joyous. It is the only race I ran as a group and I fed off the energy of my running mates.
2. Three words that describe my running are necessary, empowering and centering.
3. My go-to running outfit is my MEC Sixes running shorts, which ever race shirt is on the top of the pile, Teko eVapour8 Socks, Mizuno Wave Precision 9 runners and most importantly my Under Armour jog bra. Winter outfits are another story...
4. Quirky habit while running - I'm not sure I have any but it makes me wonder if I should ask my running partner. I'm pretty anal about tracking my mileage but I think that is a runner thing.
5. Morning, midday, evening - early morning or at lunch mostly due to my schedule. If I had my choice it would be about 8:30am with time for a long stretch after.
6. I won’t run outside when it’s really icy. I live in a part of Canada that is below freezing a good part of six months a year hence the 'really' qualifier.
7. Worst injury—and how I got over it. When I was training for my first half marathon I over trained and ended up not being able to start due to a painful case of posterior tibial tendonitis. How I got over it? Lots of complete rest, daily stretching, ART, acupuncture and massage. I still have to keep up the stretching routine and take mileage increases slow but sure.
8. I felt most like a badass mother runner when I ran the Skookumchuck Narrows trail on the Sunshine Coast, BC. It is a 4 km trail to amazing tidal rapids. I did the out and back twice for a total of 16 km. It was the first trail I ever ran and the feeling of accomplishment was...well...badass.
9. Next race is Banff Winterstart 5 Miler. It is an evening run, almost always cold, one long trudge up and down and the best post run party ever! Canoes full of beer in a parkade, classic!
10. Potential running goal for 2013 - honestly, just to stay healthy and keep running consistently. I am working on logistics to run the Arizona Rock and Roll Half Marathon in January but that might be a long shot!